LiteConnect allows you to upload files into Marketing Cloud Intelligence without having to map your data or consider the predefined structure of the data model. In a matter of clicks, a file is uploaded in its original format and what you see is what you get.
- You don’t need to map your data.
- New data isn’t integrated with the rest of your marketing data, because LiteConnect doesn’t use the data model.
- Data uploaded with LiteConnect usually acts as standalone data—like weather information or product reviews—that’s evaluated separately from your marketing data.
Review the following file that needs to be ingested into Datorama using LiteConnect: Dummy Excel file.
|Sales Representative Email
|Car Model Year
|Car Factory Price
|Car Store Price
- Assure that the date, dimensions, and measurements were identified correctly.
- Add a measurement that calculates the final commission (store commission + sales commission)
- Be sure to convert both the fields into numbers in your formula
Create a new Data Stream in your Workspace
1. From the Connect & Mix tab, click on ‘Add New’.
2. Ingest the file using LiteConnect
Review the file and assure all the fields are identified correctly (date, dimensions and measurements)
- Click Add field > Measurement
- Name the field Final Commission
- Enter the measurement formula: NUMBER(csv[‘Sales Commission’]) + NUMBER(csv[‘Store Commission’])
- Be sure to select the CSV version, so the formula would use the raw data from the file
That’s it! Just save your formula and click create to generate your LiteConnect File.